View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "SLUMLORD" pic's...finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatdeck View Post
John you have done some great up grades to the Slumlord and it trailer.....

Thanx buddy, I'm getting there.
Wayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Hey big john what did you use for the valves ln the bottom of the tanker. O can't fond anytging that looks scale or correct and yours look nice.
OK BRICKNICK just remember...you asked. The long chrome pieces are the stock damper sleeves from the Tamiya Lunchbox. Now I had a lot of spare parts from 1/25 scale truck-trailers and I found the inserts for the rear wheels for Revell of Germany's Stepp's tow truck. I trimmed the outside of the inserts to the same diameter as the damper tubes. For the valves I used spacers for the trailer dampers, screwed them in place with washers on top. And bingo, the valves were done. I was told a long time ago just look around the house and you would be surprised what we can find to work with. Happy hunting and thank you for the compliment.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!