View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 12:23 AM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky69 View Post
If you are going to use air cleaners that have the exposed rubber hoses going through the side of the hood it would give the appearance of a 359

or possibly a 358 (basically a narrow hood ("needle-nose") version of the 359).

The 379, 357, 389 all have the air pipe from the air cleaners going directly into the side of the cowl.

How about changing the fenders and making a 353?
Thanks for the info! I considered doing a body style like the 353, but I wanted a style more like the 359. I'm pretty sure a 6x6 359 never existed so my build won't be entirely realistic, but hopefully it'll still look nice.

It's funny you posted that first pic. I downloaded it as an example of a paint scheme I'm considering. It seems there's some common 2 tone paint schemes for these trucks. There's this one:

And there's this one (although this one is more customized):

And of course some trucks have a painted chassis and fuel tanks/steps like this one:

After doing a lot of research on color schemes and combinations, it looks like my truck will come out a lot like this, but with more purple:

Found this one, too! Looks pretty cool and mine may come out somewhat similar in a lot of ways, but with 359 style fenders.