View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
One roller in the background is knurled, but it is only 1 inch wide for a different belting material I tried yrs ago. I don't know yet if matters not to have a convex shape with the rubber belts, the current rollers I made have shoulders & the rubber is stretched quite tight, and the rollers aren't knurled either.

The tubes vary in length from 26" to 46", the thicknesses of the rubber vary too. In the 2nd pic (of previous page), the tube belt on the left is 46" x 2.25" & the conveyor frame will be 58". The one on the right is 36" x 3.25" tube belt & frame will be 48".
Thanks Joe, that's great to hear. conveyors of that length should work perfect.
I want to set up my backyard in such a way that allows me to either just stock pile material the dump truck off loads from the pit or move the conveyor directly over the screener and process the dirt one dump truck load at a time.
The second conveyor will be under the screener and move the clean material into a hopper which I can then use my 3 axle dump trailer to load and use around the yard.
All controlled from a 4ch radio. 2 conveyors , the screener and a servo for the hopper chute.
I thought about a crusher but I just don't have that type of material to deal with. No rocks or chunks so a mini crusher is on the B list right now.

I tried cutting a few different types of splice into the rubber I have. diagonal, arrow, saw tooth, and your right. It's very difficult to keep it straight and no matter what, it won't survive long.
Tire tubes it is like the old saying, KISS