View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 03:27 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

@liftmys10 & Rimrock ... The detail on the parts is what makes it worth while to take the close up pictures. As for the amount of screws ... it's like an addiction really ... just trying to pace myself a bit. (Keep in mind that I've been at this one for close to 9 months already with all the interruptions and waiting time.)
I kind of bungled this assembly in comparison to the Arocs I did before, where I strictly followed the instructions.

=================================

Did the 2nd rear fender today.

This picture just to show that this time they provide plenty of wire to the rear lights compared to the ones I got with the Arocs.

Tried out something to hold the wire to the rear fender. A left over from Land Rover Defender ownership (needed to stop the leaks and rattles)

Fender ready to be attached

Clamps loosely attached to allow them to slide over the supports

All went smooth until one of the screw that the centre support screws onto unscrewed itself when I tried to fasten the nut (too much paint stuck in the threads) ... What happens if you forget to use Loctite. Was a bit of a problem to sort out but thanks to a flexible driver got it back into shape.

Forgot to shorten the bolts for the 2nd mudflap ... so wheel had to come off.

Put some heat shrink on the wire from the rear light and routed it.

Not too pleased with the way the wires run. Will have to rethink this one.

Also have to find a good way to attach the Infra Red led for communication with the trailer. Was thinking of putting in one of those openings in the rear cross member but have to figure out a way so it doesn't stick out so far.