View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 06:53 AM

tessen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Liebherr R984 1:14

base for the upper structure
This part is the one that supports the whole upper set, to it is taken both the arm and the counterweight, the base is a 6mm of steel sheet and the most important parts are either groove joints or threaded, photos:

the boom:
It is composed of several pieces, the main structure is made by joining steel sheets of different thicknesses, with them I create an inside skeleton, the pivot points are solid pieces, to complete it i will fill the interior with epoxy and filler to give more consistence , Photos:

reinforcements at the tip of the arm

and the look of the set presented

the following is the joining of the hydraulics ram in the boom, I use a piece of brass and I will mechanize it to shape

this is the set presented

The next piece makes the pivot point of the pistons that move the arm, this piece is taken out of casting brass

Another thing I have done is accentuate the detail of the welds on both the sides of the machine, using copper wire and solder

and one of the last steps would be to fill as previously mentioned with resin and filler to give more rigidity to the set, filling gaps and fixing some internal parts

and here once the resin dries