Thread: 56 Ford Semi
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 12:17 PM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 56 Ford Semi

I've got the 5th wheel on and motors mounted
I used a mounting plate I found on thingiverse for WPLs it was a little small to my eye so I remixed the mount to fit a LESU 5th wheel... yeah it's a little large but I think it will make getting a trailer on it easier....I can always fall back to a smaller assy if it doesn't work as I hope...

Just a mock up.

After I looked at this I decided to move the 5th wheel up to just ahead of the rear axle center line....don't have a picture of that

I wanted to try a dual motor configuration.... the bottom mount is the original from thingiverse... the top is after I remixed it to move the motors closer to each axle..

the motor shaft is 4mm and the axles are 3mm so I drilled out one end of the drive shaft.. I tested it on an older type shaft first...

Here it is mounted... yeah it hangs down a little more than I like but once I get the fuel tanks and steps on you won't see it...I hope

These are 6v 500rpm motors the axles are 2:1 giving me about 250rpm at the wheels

I'll start getting some details done this week.... it's almost time to get out in the yard and garden