Thread: 56 Ford Semi
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 12:23 PM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 56 Ford Semi

Well it took me longer to get back to this... it's spring time so the yard and gardens and mowers had to be taken care of....
I didn't get a lot of pictures of the final assembly but it was pretty straight forward....I did a set of tanks and again put the battery box steps on it...I made a different style of rear view mirrors for this ... just cause...so anyway here it is...I still need to finish a drop deck trailer for it, I'll work on that this summer..

I wasn't really sure how to paint the rims it seems to me there should be more black in there some where

More of my Ford mud flaps and a simple tail panel with tail lights and back up lights.

Here it is with my Doepke trailer behind it... these are the same scale, looking at vintage pictures the cab of the older trucks were way smaller than the trailer so it may look odd that seems to be the way it was...This 5th wheel does keep it up a little but I'll just live with it for now

So my Tonka construction company is coming along...still trying to keep it made up of 50s metal toys....might be a few modern ones in the mix but the goal is all metal toys....