Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Looks good Mike! the tank straps are off the hook!!
Thanks Brian. I got the other straps the other day just have not been home to finish them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossett View Post
Mike here is a couple of quick pic's till I can get her opened up , but the push rod has two Z on ether end one has a ball join going thought the turn table base plate to the locking arm and then the other end with a z on it goes thought a servo horn ( note the push rod runs under the cross member/s not through them), the micro servo is running parallel to the chassis with a adaptor plate I made to suit the location of the mount.. (I have my servo under the sleeper to keep the back nice and clean)

Thanks Tracy.. I was driving along today and just out of the blue the idea came to me. I will be doing something similar. I figured what I could do is make something similar to the bell crank they make for the steering on the scania's. I can make it out of brass and solder the outer tube into the fifth wheel mount then it would just be a little push rod from the bell crank to the jaws. Move the ball on the jaws from the stock location to where the spring mounts. Then run a push rod from the under side of the bell crank forward to the servo shaft sticking down through the sleeper floor.

Think that will work?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive