View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 11:44 AM
Craftsman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Diecast Masters 49X upgrade

Just finishing this up....
I got the front wheels looking decent...along with the other front suspension pieces....

Not perfect but they will work for me....

I got the lights working, I used this light kit... It says Tamiya but I think it's a Chinese knock off.... It's been reviewed on Utube and others came to the same conclusion... anyway for $13 I was able to get Head lights/tail lights, Turn signals,Back-up lights... you just have to move the wires around a little....

The labeling doesn't make sense but I'll try and explain it a little.
I used some of the original lights from the truck and some lights from the kit the voltages are pretty close from both.

The kit has 3 rows of 4 plugs in groups of 2... starting from the upper left corner .
First 2 are connected to a wire labeled Ch 3 I connected all 4 head lights to one plug and the tail lights to the other.
The next 2 in the top row and break lights I didn't use these at this time because I was running out of room in the back of the truck.
First 2 in the middle row are turn signals (left and right), I ran these to the front
Second 2 in the middle row are Back-up lights.
First 2 in the bottom row are another set of turn signals (left and right) I ran these to the back
The last 2 on the bottom are lights that come on when you move forward, they are blue so I'm going to put these in the front bumper as running lights.
I haven't done sound yet, I kept the original speaker in place and will probably use a knock off board at some point... but for now It's ready to put in the dirt....