View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 02:44 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: O&K Damitz RH6.6 Big OilPump 750ml

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker1970 View Post
Well thank you very much for this! I just got my Damitz here in the USA (I have to wonder if it is the only one in the USA) and my track speed out of the box was like the slow one in your video. I was hoping that the new ones had been upgraded to go a normal scale speed, but no.. it's just like the videos I've seen of other Damitz. I took it outside for it's first dig and my tracks wouldn't move. I honestly can't remember if they moved at all outside I'm pretty sure they did and then all of a sudden they didn't. I do know they were moving just before I took it outside I was using them on the concrete floor and although slow they were working. I don't know what happened but now I have a huge hydraulic leak around the slew area where the track lines are. I have less than an hour on this $8,000+ machine so I'm a bit disappointed. I bought the Damitz because I love the hydraulic slew and track motors just like the real machine. I'm really hoping I don't have to upgrade the pump to get my tracks to function like yours. Here is a video shortly after I installed my receiver and set up my radio. You can see the slow track movement. https://youtu.be/qZXiqKOUeP8
If you are 'lucky' it's a leakage on one of the threaded hose fittings/hose connections. Would check them out first and possible tighten up. Loctite 542 on treads help, if tightening alone isn't enough. but be careful not tighten the fittings to much, can break off bolts. Otherwise it can be a leaking o-ring in the hydraulics going through the sleeve area, slip ring.
Damitz is for sure some fine machines. I'm personally not a huge fan of the hydraulic track motors, they're know to be a bit slow but with the upgraded pump seams to have a fine speed, the hydraulic slip ring makes things more complicated than with the standard solution of eletric track motors as Premacon and others uses. But it's naturally the most true to scale with hydraulic tracks)

Last edited by Rimrock; 05-20-2017 at 02:59 AM.