View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 02:53 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

I used this Apache 1020 two seasons, worked really well... I was wowed with what muddy conditions this beast could blast through. I never ever got stuck, not even close ever once.

A new 1220 unit showed up on the dealer lot this Spring, I got to talking with the salesman about it & he struck me with a trade deal I couldn't refuse... so now I have a 1220 - 40hp more (215hp), 200ga greater capacity (1200)... the 1020 would cover 170 acre per tank @ 5.5ga/ac; spray two tanks 1st thing in the morning, then go seeding the rest of the day till late in the night. Now this 1220 does 220ac per load, maintains speed throughout the field much better than the smaller one and spraying a 100 ac more in just about the same time frame, maybe 30mins longer. I luv it!

Never got stuck with the other one, got too brave with the muddy areas, thought it would never happen... I buried the 1220 this morning!!! 7 foot tall tires, one on the right side is just about underground!

Got the neighbor over to drive my 9390 Case IH with triples, pulled in 1st gear at an idle till a bolt snapped on the tow eyelet on the sprayer frame & quit!!! Atleast we got it turned 90 degrees so I can get my Chevy 4x4 & gooseneck with a water tank backed in to pump the load off the sprayer. When my hire hand comes to work 7am tomorrow, we'll try 'er again with Big Red.

Having some dinner now, take my camera with me & get some snaps this afternoon. Pictures @6!

Joe