View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 06:41 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Not here Neil, winter wasn't too bad at all... go 100miles north & 200miles east of me & yes, they got blasted!!!! Those areas are probably another week yet before they can get into the field with a sprayer, much less do any seeding. Talking to a buddy who farms near Saskatoon, he hoping for mid May to get out to do some scouting on the land to see what fields will be dry 1st.

Big Red (retiring farmer I bought it from last summer was his pet name for it, rather fitting I'd say too ) 500hp, about 28 tons. Hardly left a print where the sprayer is, pulled sprayer around 90* - 10', didn't slip a wheel at an idle in 1st gear.

I did however get Big Red stuck last Wed with the drill on behind, my smaller 1982 Steiger Panther pulled it all out as a whole (stop the tractor in plenty of time, didn't get it down more than 6inches).

I got the gooseneck this winter, the tank showed up last week, I get it on the trl this afternoon & looky there, I got no fitting or valves to connect tank to pump, pump to sprayer yadda yadda, trip to town in the morning.

Part of my seeding team here... drive to field that I am going to seed that day, off load the quad & go home to get my seeding tool, when it's time to reload seed/fertilizer, take trk home to get my single stack Mack you see in the distance. At the end of the work day, do the reverse - don't leave nothing in the field! Too many retards nowadays that like to f/k $hyt up for giggles, see if they make crime stoppers on the news.

Joe