View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Ok so now I know some things should be kept scale and some things can be cheated on. As I said before the stock I had on hand was about a 1/4" not tall enough for the main track carrier. And I skimped on the brass for the rollers. Between the two it really shows when both come together. . As you can see a lot of daylight between the two. If I had the rollers 1-1/8" and had the track body extend down another 1/4" things would be looking a lot better. I do have room to make the rollers a 1/8" on each side increasing diameter 1/4" for future tweaks. (Might even make them with the acetal instead of dropping the coin on the brass). As I said before this is my first build in something like this and a bit on the learning curve. I'm just not too efficient in guesstimating scale realism for purchasing stock. Once it affects the wallet I learn real quick!!!! Lol!! (Don't we all?) on the flip side the dozer blade arms will hide it all,, lol,,,,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (89.8 KB, 169 views)