View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 06:22 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road
Default Replacement parts for Carson STN-L3 trailer...

Hokay guys...

Any of you Carson STN-L3 owners know that the plastic u-bolts for attaching the axles to the suspension arms are crap, right? Well, silly woofie went to go replace 'em with 2-56, 4-40 or 2.5mm threaded rod...

... and silly woofie let the wee rectangular saddle-pieces that the u-bolts go thru fall out of his pocket. Now he has to try to replace the 'saddles'. I've e-mail'd Carson Germany, Tamiya Canada, and even PMD.

Has anyone duplicated these pieces in metal, or know of substitutes Woofie could buy? I ~could~ use the pair I still have to make a mold and cast some in epoxy, but I'd rather have stronger ones that would hold up to a metal u-bolt. I'm thinking of using perforated metal sheet as used in microwave windows and such... but that's a sloppy make-do...

Anyone knowing of replacements, please et me know. I need the 12 rectangular pieces (mounted in pairs) & u-bolts (made out of 2.5mm rod w/ threaded ends if possible) and can supply the originals if someone is willing to make replacements for me. I can make the bolkts myself, would just have to source some rod, and a 2.5mm die (got 3mm and up already)

http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/907060ml.pdf (step #8)

WhiteWolf