View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 04:38 AM
Green Horn

gismow is on a distinguished road
Default Rebuild of a Knight Hauler after a Crash

Hello everyone,

I'd like to start a new thread showing a rebuild of my Knight Hauler. My son had a crash with it, the bullbar is completely crashed, the front dumper has deep scars and the cabine has a damage below the front light.

Here's an old photo directly after the first build.

So I decides to give the truck a complete re-design. Working title will be "Black Devil".

The cabine will be painted in glossy black, the chrome from all parts will be removed and these parts will be painted in matt black.

The electronic parts:

The gear box is send to **** and is replaced by a underfloor motor with included gear from Servonaut.

The speed controller will be an S20 also from Servonaut.

Sound and light will be steared by the USM-RC-2 Module from Beier electronic.

The combination of motor and controller allows an extremely smooth driving also with a trailer. No bucking and - extremly important for me - absolute silence. No beeping, no high frequency sound, absolute silence.

The sound and light module is extremely flexible, all sounds can be controlled and also the light setup can be defined for everyone's wish.

So the first step was to strip the complete truck down to the frame and kick out the gear box. The new motor placed.

After that I started to modify the truck. The following optical changes are planned:
- New side pipes
- The cabeling of the roof lamps must be changed. The gap in the roof is horror.
- The truck will get a new rear end.
- The frame will be coveres by a brass plate, the saddle plate will be modified to unlock via a hidden bowden cable.
The cabine will be cleaned. The roof is glued on the cabine, the gap in the front will be closed. All unneeded holes will be closed, the defectors (???) will be glued and cleaned.

OK, enough words written let me show some pictures.