View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 09:50 AM

Prop Shaft is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Capo 1582-2 Tatra T815-7 8x8 and Cross MC8 Man Kat 1 8x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain Jack View Post
Wow,for the amount of money they charge,you would expect better job.
Well it cost a lot of money to manufacture something like this. The machine work is just phenomenal on this rig. I imagine they lifted prints off the full scale counterpart as a starting point in designing this truck. In which case there is always going to be issues when scaling something down. For instance, the 1 to 1 Tatra uses air bag springs positioned on top of the axles out of the way of things. Not such an easy thing to scale down. These don't need the distance of a coil over to work. Having to use coil overs means Capo had to decide to either mount them on top or on the sides of the axles. Personally I'm glad they chose the sides, as it keeps the springs lower on the chassis and not visible, this would take away from the scale appearance somewhat, and possibly hinder bed heights. I can live with the springs being seen over the #1 axle though. Sacrificing turning radius in favor of hidden springs is not something I want in my truck. I'm ok with having to iron out a few wrinkles in it's design. Going through a rig bolt by bolt and fixing/modding what needs attention is half the fun of this hobby.