View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 10:22 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Currency exchange....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I just joined the hobby about 4 years ago. It was because of good timing I guess I discovered this great hobby when the Canadian dollar was at par or actually above US at one point. But now times have changed , what use to be an already expensive hobby has now become out of reach. I know I'm not alone with this struggle and there are many others suffering from currency decline worse than people in Canada.
I consider myself blessed to have had the chance to build the fleet I've got. And I feel bad for those who desperately want to get into this great hobby and yet the value of their dollar makes it impossible!
These must be the tough times of the hobby. Guess I have to wait till the dollar comes back up......someday....
So now you know how we feel when we have to buy stuff that's priced in euros. Let alone in british funny money.

Dealing with euros is actually tolerable since you can deduct the vat, especially from any german seller. Now the brits though are too greedy and attempt to shaft you on the exchange and their VAT by refusing to deduct it -oh we are not VAT registered is the usual excuse.

So welcome to the fun times. Part of the game...

The waiting games are real.