View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 11:30 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

I looked at many of side dumps last winter like the one you posted hvy1ton, two things that concerned me; 1) a lower hinge drop down door, keeping the grit out of the hinge so the door doesn't bind, 2) having enough electric power to tip the box.

I'm hoping with the amount of overhang I have & a narrow frame, it will tip easily... the current Actuonix actuators I have are the highest geared/lowest powered 30:1 L12, I made lower mounts to put 3 in if need be. If not, I'll try the next gear ratio.

Get this working well, then make another side dump like it for the other 4206 to pull... 5 trucks hauling out my basement per trip, about 20 gallons. ...it's getting to be a long haul & all this exercise chasing two trks around sucks.

Hydraulics are messy rookie, trls like these I can by with less power using actuators, makes swapping different trls so much quicker & cleaner, don't have worry about any dirt contaminating hyd systems.

Joe