View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 11:54 AM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rc4wd 870k wheel loader unboxing and review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmys10 View Post
Remember that lowering the pump speed does not necessarily lower the pressure. In order to lower the pressure, you need to unscrew the pressure relief valve very slightly. Unfortunately the 870k does not come with a pressure gauge. So what I did was held the bucket down and try to lift my hand. Again keep in mind you'll be digging dirt and it does not weigh 70lbs (max lifting power) so lower the pressure relief valve to a point where you think that's plenty to carve into a dirt pile. Hope this makes sense. This will also prevent hoses from blowing off the nipples, lowers hydro temperature and wear. We aren't in a competition for heavy lifting. I actually lowered mine so much that it struggles sometimes when I'm trying to pull out a boulder. It makes it look and feel real. Just another tip, try to avoid extending and retracting the cylinders to the maximum travel. That way the pressure does not hit the hoses.
Yes, adjusting pump motor speed is going effect flow, not pressure so much. When you are talking about a pressure relief valve, are you talking about the small screw on the fixture that holds the black relief tube off the fluid tank? Mine seems to either have to be tighten down or just spins pretty freely. Doesn't really seem to want to hold a position.