Thread: Wrong Radio?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 01:55 PM

Rick.K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wrong Radio?

Hi Maverick:

This morning I went to the Tower site and located the Tamiya Attack radio. Since I am new to this hobby and this radio is designed specifically for the Tamiya trucks, I ordered one. Since I took the Tactic radio out of the box and set it up, I'll have to check to see if I can repackage it and return it for refund.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if I can buy or make the gear shift gate and the steering gate to install on the transmitter. At least the gear shift gate to protect the transmission.

I found a good article on line from the Tamiya Club that explains how to set the radio up, adjust the steering and shift servos, and explained how the gear shifting itself works.

I hadn't realized that the trasnmission is 'held in gear' by the operator (kept wondering while watching the spring loaded left stick on the Tactic center and move the shift servo to center, or second gear. It's starting to make more sense.

There is a lot to learn in this hobby, starting during the build, and I'm enjoying the effort and the help from folks on this site!