View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Quote:
Originally Posted by od jhon deer View Post
Looking good so far I was just wondering what u used for track I did not notice if u said also did u get plans for it r just doing out of your head but keep it up
For the track pads I used 1/2 x 1" bar. For the links I (think) I used 3/8 x 5/8 and used a slitting saw to cut them in half for individual pieces. I'll try and get some pics of the stuff I used and how. As far as plans, yup all in my head after numerous times forgetting measurements I started writhing simple part sketches down for my lack of memory. I did get a cat parts/shop manual. The problem with the manual is you just get some non scale drawings but at least it's something to scale off of. And a bunch of pics of dozers from the web. I am trying to build a d11 but it has some blend of d9 also. A local cat dozer dealer is about three miles from home so I could see some machines firsthand. But they never get a d11 sitting around that is assembled. Too big and expensive, they usually go right to the job site.