View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Thanks for the link Izzy. I like the boat ones because they never have delays, brakes or anything fancy. The esc seems to be fine if you hook up a separate battery for the receiver. I guess the servo fried the bec part of it. I bought a hexfly servo because of it's torque per cost but it is a piece of ****. The first one I got was junk out of the package and this one has overloaded the bec in the speed control. I ordered some Hitec stuff this morning to hopefully rectify the problem.

The pipe that I'm using for the rims is .270 thick. I have to turn it down fairly thin on the beads but it seems to work OK, just takes a while to machine. Still much faster and cheaper than machining round stock. I'll have to get a bit more of it so that I can make three more wheels.

If my calculations are correct the logs will be 40"-50" long. I may have to do the carpet roll with bark trick. I swear I've seen that somewhere before. I will cut some real logs though too. I'm guessing it will be an all cedar load though to keep it light. The truck is a beast, I'm thinking it is around 30lbs without the trailer or a load.

Thanks for the comments! Reg