View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 04:58 PM

Prop Shaft is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Capo 1:8 Jeep CD15823

Got some work done on the jeep last night. I had to elongate the holes on the servos in order to screw the engine halves together.

You screw one side of the servos in, then the other sides after the engine halves go together.

I had to take the oil pan off in order to rout one of the cables through the transmission.

Then I encountered a problem. The hole where the cable comes out is to large. It swallows the cable sheath.
My solution was to take one of the spare brass cable mount pieces, (not sure what they're called) and remove some material from the side of it so it would fit into the hole. I had to do this because the side of the transmission case is very close to the hole.

1 very tiny motor and some tiny screws to mount it.

This drives the accessory belt.

I had a bit of a problem adjusting the servo for the brake. It was working fine, then it got a mind of its own, then it just stopped working. After spending some time trying to figure out what was going on, I realized my 2s lipo was basically dead. So i swapped it out, and still the brake servo wouldn't respond. Turns out I have a dead servo. I ordered 4, but now i dont have one to mount the steering wheel to. Heres the brake lever with brakes off

And brakes applied.

The 2wd/4wd cable was having a hard time operating as well, after staring at it for a while, I decided the sheath was to long. Shortened it up to the position its sitting in here. Works much better now.