View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough
Default Metso Lokotrack LT120, Jaw Crusher.

I have been on this project for a while on and off, now I have compleated my first goal to finish the crusher and make it crush rocks, it was my main goal with this quite large task, for me atleast.

I said to myself, if I can make the crusher work then the rest will be a walk in the park more or less, so now when I got this done I will continiue to build the feeder, im still waiting on some parts to be cut.

In the end this will hopefully be a functionally mobile crusher, but this will take some time I think!

Im aming to make it as similar as the original but some details will be simplyfied to make building easyier.

Im running the crusher on a 5065-236kv motor with a 3cell lipo, 120mm flywheel and a 36-12 beltdrive.
The crusher opening is now set to 100x45mm at the top and about 9mm down below. Seem to crush pretty good this way, I had a larger opening with slightly less vertical plates but the rocks mostly just wanted to go up, not get crushed.
I have just tested with a half full crusher, I know it will probably work better when its almost full.
I only had 2 stops in it, but that was due to empty battery, if I will get more stops I will try a larger 40t pulley to get a bit more tourqe.

So here is a few pics of how it looks today, and a video. (In the video its not regular rocks, its a softer kind.

Here is the real deal 1:1.

Here is the CAD drawing of the assembly, its just a rough sketch to see how everything fits.

And the eccentric axle, bearings and bearing carrier.

Here is the crusher.

And here is a mock up with the crusher in the chassis.

Video.
https://youtu.be/odmNU3Jhpfw