View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 12:22 PM

Ruud109 is on a distinguished road
Default Grand Hauler build

Hello all,

I just received by mail the Grand Hauler kit, complete with MFC, bearing set, radio and servers. Had a good deal in Germany (google for Modellbau Berlinski - funny is that they are cheaper than their own eBay site) for a full kit so went for it.

I am quite amazed about the size of this thing so far, seen a million youtube videos but in real its quite intimidating. Really looking forward to this build, it wil be my first truck.

What i have seen so far, there are a few things i want to change. Maybe some forum members can point me in the right direction

- motor: i want to use a 55T motor instead of the standard 540can. What brand/type is recommended and is a 55T recommended?

- rims/tyres: Not a big fan of the Tamiya chrome rims to be honest. Any source for nice aluminium rims and maybe nicer tyres too?

- The nose/radiator. Don't really like the look of the standard Tamiya one, i think the King hauler is nicer for instance. Are there aftermarket replacements for this available?

Will post pictures of the build, which will probably commence later this week or next weekend!

Ruud