View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Green Horn

Car5858 will become famous soon enoughCar5858 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oshkosh Het M1070, M1000

This is what the truck was designed from. I also found that blueprints.com is a good starting point for basic drawings. I searched the web and found Oshkosh site, some of their brochures have the specks for the truck and sometimes include an orthograph view of the truck. To bad they removed the Het that I am modeling from the site.

First things first, the design of the tractor is 22.5 inches long. This will be a 1/16 scale build due to having the tank for it already.

Been gathering parts, so far I have 2 tlt-1 axels for the front and rear steering. I have 2 intermediate axles, not happy with the width to wide with tires mounted.

My father has my lathe at his place and will be turning the hubs for me. I havent decided on the tires so far, I like the rockcrusher from rc4wd, but the OD is 3.55" ,y model calls for 3.3", I think it will be close.

I am planning on a Tamiya 3 spd and maybe an rc4wd 2speed as a transfer case.

I did get the frame put togather, and the tranny in position. Started on the cab yesterday. This is my first try at styrene, so I hope you are not as critical as I am myself. I have the floor positioned, then it was late and had to get ready for the school thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Het Floor 003.jpg (34.0 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg Het 004 Cab Floor bottom.jpg (74.0 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg het 1070 cover pic.jpg (42.1 KB, 118 views)