View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 06:50 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's the diff ?

I suspect it's Edmonton that is the center hub for the west side of Canada b/c it seems everything heavy equipment & parts usually comes from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
as great as Reman is for our customers, there is a negative side to this type of approach. our new younger mechanics are becoming " robot parts changers" .
I know exactly what you're talking about Mario, I see the exact same thing happening with agricultural machinery & the young 20's & 30's mechanics just don't seem to have a clue what they're doing, they just R&R parts to chase the problem... but to be fair - the equipment is getting more electronically complicated every yr & the training is not there to support it & the diagnostic tools are just as ridiculously expensive that it's impossible to supply every dealership in the country with them... but then again, big dealerships don't seem to have a conscience about raising their shop rate 10% to 15% every yr either while the quality of service drops. 6yrs ago I was paying $65/hr, now it's $130/hr, all the while the mechanics have received next no training & no specialized diagnostic tools.

That's my rant & it's all your fault Mario.

Joe