View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:56 AM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brand new f$cking trucks with TONS of problems

Because I'm too young to have any extensive experience with the older trucks you guys are talking about, allow me to play devil's advocate!

Now, you all have valid points, and I don't mean to say any are wrong or worthless, because they aren't. We're all friends!

However, just because new tech and emissions controls are not preforming exceptionally from the get-go doesn't mean they are worthless, and especially doesn't mean that we are going backwards. Remember that even failed technology and experiments are still advancements in our knowledge and understanding.

Likewise, emissions controls shouldn't be thrown under the bus just because the machines that try to abide by them fail (or cause other things to go wrong, as indicated by Espeefan). Time will bring the necessary changes, and the technology will improve.

Perhaps the reason factories are not as good as producing quality goods is because of this "crack-down", but just like everything, they will adjust with time. When they break down, no one will buy any, and they lose money. They will then improve their product so that they do not lose money.

Somebody mentioned China... Well, they do limit child births and have other ridiculous government controls, so that sucks... Plus we don't have drivers that are as bad...

All (terrible) jokes aside, our solution is not to back-date. We could very well re-incorporate old tried-and-true tech, and refine it and equip it with more tech. We are always making progress, even in our failures.

I believe that if we, as a nation, are unhappy with our products, they will improve. We are a nation of people, and every voice has a chance to be heard. I don't know if you guys heard of SOPA or ACTA, they were bills attempting to censor websites according to big businesses and organizations. Well, we petitioned NO, and we stopped each bill from passing. So don't lose hope in your representation, because it does exist, and we can use it.

Well, that is patriotic enough I think. Let the flame war begin! Jk Anyway, I've said quite enough, but I have to reply to this RCT!

Global warming, emissions control, eco-friendly... ugh!! When will enough be enough???

When we are all dead. It may not be so far away, my friend...

I can see the friends list shrinking now!

Catch you guys later, hope you liked the 2 cents + tax!