View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possible spring Indy show.

Submitted the idea of a construction meet at the field. Everyone was quite excited to see this happen.

April 26-27 or June 14-15 are two weekends that would be open for us to use the facility. There is a huge concrete pad for the trucks to drive and I'm open to suggestions if you guys would want me to have some dirt or sand hauled in to make a pit area for the equipment.

Cool thing about this place is if it were to rain, we can move inside and still be able to play. Also if you're a model airplane enthusiast, bring your plane(s). This is one of the nicest fields in the US.

Again there is a large Best Western less than a mile from the facility and many places to eat. (We have a nice grill at the field so I'd be happy to cook up some burgers/brats/dogs for lunch both days)

I would ask for an entry fee to be donated to the club for the use of this space. I suppose the amount would depend on how many people could come. If we get enough entries I could also try to get Horizon involved to maybe put together some goodies for prizes or maybe gift certificates.

Another thing I would really like to do is put together a Radio Seminar with one of our Spektrum guys. Possibly make videos of this that would bring traffic to RCT&C. I see too many guys in our hobby get frustrated when setting up radio systems and I'd love to simplify this for them. I think a battery seminar could greatly benefit all of us as well. I'd be happy to arrange both if there's enough interest.

Whatcha think?