View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Kansas show April 19-21 2013

Ok guys so I was approached this morning from one of my customers about how the weekend went and I got to telling him how much fun we had and what all we were able to do. I showed him some of my pics from the weekend and also the video that J.D. posted and he was absolutely ecstatic. He was watching the video like a little kid on christmas waiting to open his first gift. Now he is a very avid owner operator of a construction company and has all the big toys to play with but just watching out little machines brought so much joy to his face he could hardly peel away from the comp.

He is very involved with the local and state wide truck shows that are put on around here and is the president of the state antique truck club that meets here each month. He started thinking and asked me if I could pull something like the St. Louis show off here and I told him I would have to check but I'm sure we could prolly pull something together and have a few guys show up.

Once he heard that he was game on. He started telling me what all we could have, what facilities or warehouses of his we could use, the sizes, materials, and anything at all we needed he would help provide. (like I said before he was like a kid in a candy store)

Anyways I told him it would take a while to get it all set up but I'm confident that I could help him out.

So my question for all you guys on the forum is, "Can we do this"? The show will be located here in Newton, KS which is just 30 minutes north of Wichita, KS if any of you know where that is. It will either be held on April 20th or 27th next spring and will run all day saturday but we could start anytime as soon as thursday or friday and go through the weekend and either clean up sunday or monday if anyone is interested in spending that much time playing.

There will be no cost for anyone to come and play "work" and the facility will all be taken care of. As for hotels we have tons of fancy new hotels less that a minute or two away just around the corner so it is easily walking distance to the area we would be having the show.

I would really like to be able to pull some of the Indy guys and most everyone that made it this last weekend to Ed's in St. Louis to come and have a good time as well as make a meet for some of the guys that are further out west so finally get a meet and be able to enjoy the shows as it is so much enjoyment for the whole group.

I will leave this open to any and everyone to comment on and give me ideas about putting on a show here and hopefully we can get this on the calendar soon enough that plenty of people can make it and we can put on a good show for the antique truck show group and maybe help our hobby grow a little stronger here out west a farther.

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone and if anyone is very interested they can contact me via pm as well and we can discuss more in depth details as to what all could be accomplished for this show.

Tyler