View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 03:39 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I noticed in a couple pictures the suction from tank to pump you had to use a reducer. The larger the suction line the better otherwise the pump is trying to suck through a straw and will drastically effect output.
One other thing that quickly comes to mind is the prv you are using. It is the original valve relief? What is the maximum working pressure of the valve?
The reason I ask is, if you have a circuit that uses a 5,000. Psi relief but you install an attachment like a clam or grapple which only needs let's say 2,200 psi, you can't just turn the 5,000 psi relief way down to the lower pressure. It must be replaced with a lower value relief.
Long story short, maybe the relief is rated too high and working at 275 psi is causing it to not work properly.
Haha...you have a good eye for details....yup it did have a reducer, at the time I only had some 1/4" ID tubing and didn't have a 1/4" barbed fitting...but I did have a 5/16" barbed fitting and short section on 5/16" fuel line so I had to improvise....lol....used the 5/16 barb fitting and hose and pushed the 1/4" ID clear hose into it, knowing it was just a suction line the fit between the two hoses was tight enough to do the tests...got to do what you got to do with what you have at the time...lol...in any case using a 1/4" ID suction line was a bad idea, it was much to small. 1/2" ID hose is a much better match for the oil flow velocity. The PRV might still be the problem....I have it set much much below what it was set at and designed for. I have two more things to test which will tell me if the valve body is bypassing or if the PRV is acting flakey at the low setting.