View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 04:11 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Been pondering this... I was looking at Test #4 and you said it was delivering 3000 cc/min at 220 PSI, in neutral. I don't understand that with the valve in neutral the system is loaded so much. I'd expect a much lower back pressure (maybe 10-30 PSI) - appears there is a restriction going back to tank that is too high. Do you have a filter in the return line? If so, have you tried removing it for testing? Vented tank? Could vent be restricted? Did you get a schematic of the valve? Might look at it to see if anything unusual or unexpected in the guts of it.

Ken
Sorry for the confusion in test number 4 ......what I did was to remove the return hose from the valve body to tank and only use the small 5/32" OD tubing instead......this forced all the flow in the return to pass through the small tube, which did two things....first it told me the total output volume of the pump, because all the oil from the pump had to return to tank through this small line, and it also proved that the small line could handle the required flow volume needed for one cylinder. Hope that makes sense.....