View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 07:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Yea, that's what I figured was happening. Seems like the system had a lot of foreign debris in it. Quite a bit of sparkle to the oil that i back flushed from filter. Well I'll upload a video of digging today later tonight. I was digging the first of the steps for a retaining wall. Everything was fine and towards the end it started acting up. Pump revved up tracks started self propelling. I figured ut-oh, must have had some water in esc or radio from the little bit of a shower I got caught in the other night. Loaded her up and to the shop, luckily the mechanics were still there to work on her . I think I found the problem, in a haste to get up and running I was stuffing two pounds of crap in a one pound bag so to speak. I replaced the screw terminals on the esc and battery leads with bullet connectors. Usually I have excellent solder joints but not using my normal tools and in a hurry I believe I may have made a cold solder joint. And that may have affected radio as well as shorted the bucket servo. Or it did get wet. I plugged a battery into the receiver and it seems to be working fine so that pretty much points towards a bad joint. Yup, slacker mechanic on duty that day!!!! And I'm usually the one that everyone else brings their parts to be soldered!!! Figures, right, plumber always has a leaky faucet at home!!!