View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 04:42 PM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Diecast Masters 49X upgrade

First thing we need to do is get all the innards out....

After doing the Bruder delta loader and the D5 this thing has a ton of room both in the chassis and under the hood. I cleaned out the plastic stand-offs the old circuit board used and that left a nice open place for my ESCs...
I think I'll put my Receiver and new light kit under the hood here... after I clean it up some. I left the speaker in place, I'm going to try putting sound in this one and I'll use the stock speaker.

Like this

The stock servo is kind of weird shaped but at least stock width, so I just took out a little plastic at the base to fit the tower pro in... then the stock upper piece fit right back on.

Fitting the ESCs in and the new on/off switch, I didn't put a charging jack in this one since the batter is easy to get out, but I wanted a master on/off, you can see it in the corner.

This was going to be a pretty simple upgrade...just some ESCs, receiver, servo...then I saw some things that I wanted to fix.... The new servo didn't stick out as far as the old one so the servo horn didn't reach the stock steering rod....so I decided it was time to create some parts with my new 3D printer and just enough CAD knowledge to be dangerous....so that is the next step in this build...all the electronics were straight forward since you don't have to change the drive motor or bed lift... I will have to figure out something for the lights since the light and sound control were on the old mother board. I don't want to try and hodge-podge the old board in plus it takes up to much room....