View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Well, It's been 4 months since I did anything on the dragline and still haven't due to being busy with regular work and side jobs. But, I loaded it up or shall I say; walked it into my trailer this evening so I can take it down to Brownsville,PA to dig into some dirt at the show this weekend.
I can't wait to try some new techniques I've learned from reading and watching 1:1 draglines operating. I'll be trying out a new to me, Power Conditioner or Line Conditioner purchased from Evil Bay. This device is supposed to give me a clean regulated 115vac. Hopefully it will take care of any bad power line conditions like we encountered at the Cabin Fever Expo when my machine wouldn't work at all till the power in the building was fixed. I'll be taking an extra hoist cable encase the existing one fails. I noticed alot of areas where the wires are coming undone. It is the original hoist rope with approx. 15days of steady 8-10hrs digging on it. I wonder what the life expectancy of the 1:1 ropes are in similar conditions.
I'll also be trying the Tournarocker in real dirt for the first time. I had it out at the; ECMT meet in Brookville,PA and it did OK but I'm sure the one drive will quit working when a set screw backs out again. Just another small project that needs addressed in the driveline.