View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
That,s a HUGE pile of dirt steve- dragline must have been working good. I was hoping to see some brass sheeting wrapped around the house but I guess not yet huh.
Not yet Tom. I still haven't been down East to get the measurements and kinda busy at work. The machine work flawlessly once I changed a jumper in the swing motor drive. Since the beginning, I had it set for "regenerate to stop" It always seemed to work very well until a slight adjustment change on the current limit and start/stop timing. I had one direction set perfectly but the other way it would glitch and jerk . Also I had the trim on the TX set one way some to keep the drive electrically centered.
Now while swinging either direction It's working smooth but it takes some practice to go from full speed to where you want to stop in a precise point,especially when the machine is not leveled very well as in my pictures. I had some trouble keeping it from sinking in the soft dirt I piled up first. Later I coated the top of the pile with some damper dirt to pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egronvold View Post
Looks like you had about a ton of fun
I would say that pile weighed at least a Ton