View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

As a matter a fact, I was at the 1:1 machine "Jack" yesterday finally, and took about a hundred more pictures of details and several measurements. It was windy and it was a real pain trying to send the tape measure down the side to my helper hold on to paper and keep from dropping my camera. I climbed half way up the "A" frame to get some much needed measurements of the bolts and plates on the diagonal bracing. I didn't have the guts to go all the way up the "A" frame and definitely not up the boom walkway due to the wind.

Lots and lots of bolts and rivets to do.

I'm hoping to get this brace built for each walking shaft bearing this summer.

Been wanting this picture for years! Never could figure out the size and bolt spacing on these brackets.

This is why Jack isn't being used. This will take some serious fabrication to repair this

Here are the other big draglines at this pit. On the bottom is a Marion 7400 and up top is Jack's sister "Jill" We got there later in the day and the drags were being operated on the first shift so I didn't get any video.

I wish I could get a video of the blasting. I doubt I would be allowed to be there when that happens.

I saw this interesting rock. I think it's a petrified tree trunk

Last edited by 9W Monighan; 06-12-2012 at 06:09 PM.