View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Espeefan's Blizzard SR project

Thank you guys! I appreciate the positive responses! I wasn't sure how many of you would be interested in this project. It's been a lot of work, but fun too.

Ben, to answer your question, I'm not trying to build an exact replica of any particular Tucker Sno Cat. Maybe in the future I will though. I am fasinated by these machines. Rather, I'm just loosely basing my scratch built cab off a Tucker cab, because I want something better for my Kyosho Blizzard then the lexan cab that comes with it. The chassis will stay more less stock, which is not correct for a Tucker, as they run four tracks. So, no articulation - actually the Tucker Sno Cats do not articulate either. They have turning platforms front and rear, under the main chassis. Basically four track steering. Been doing a lot of digging and I think I could accurately model a Tucker, but I would need to machine a lot of parts.