View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flat bottom half round trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
$1000.00 fine here in NY for a no tarp fine to the driver.
looking great reg!!
Ouch! Does that mean it's a $71.43 fine for this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy8305 View Post
That trailer is looking awesome Reg
Thank you sir! I think so too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
WOW! that's a big tub! You still using 12tpi acme thread for these trls too Reg?

It truly impresses me the level of ambition you have to crank these builds out as quick as do Reg... I'm so lazy!
Yes it will hold a lot of volume Joe. It's around 30" long inside and with the flat bottom it is definitely more chunky than a normal half round. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 5 gallon pail of dirt nearly fit in this heaped. Having said that I will be very disappointed if I see that kind of load in it unless it's light material. They just aren't meant to move that kind of weight. No ACME thread on these trailers. The motors I am using work better with a normal pitch thread and I have also gone up to a larger diameter for added strength. I have days where I struggle to work on certain things that's for sure but I am trying to make an honest go at this as a job so things have to keep moving along. For the most part it is pretty cool building toys for a paycheck. I also enjoy the look on other peoples faces when I tell them what I do besides fishing. "you build...toys?... WHAT?"lol

Last edited by RCP57; 01-12-2016 at 11:34 AM.