View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 08:05 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Komatsu PC700 Excavator unboxing and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alokocat View Post
So Shawn, seeing that you've been using this model for a few months now I'd like to get feedback from you if you dont mind, could be in MP if you prefer.

Would you recommend this model ? any hint would be appreciated really.
Thanks,

Dimitri.
Considering the fact that it uses Premacon's pressure relief valve and valves, the reliability would be the same with the Germans for that portion.

The hydraulic oil pump and the cylinders are again from major manufacturers that have been proven in other industrial applications. I can confidently say not a single drop of oil from any of these components. The hydraulic system is robust and works flawlessly. The oil stays very cool thanks to a radiator and fan.
My only concern, it does not have an oil filter. I have brought this up to Paolo and he has assured me that it is not of concern as one can easily change hydraulic fluid since the tank is visible and inspection of oil is a breeze. It is marked how much to fill "min and max." Uses Mobil DTE 24 which is sold in 1 gallon instead of 5 gallons.
The electric motor and esc for the pump is from hobbyking and is readily available and inexpensive. So I'm not worried about that.

I haven't had any issues with my gearbox for the tracks but looks like Paolo has updated the gearbox with all metal gears and is much more powerful than the one i have in mine. Mine feels plenty strong so I can't imagine or comment on the newer one.

The servos are hitec and works well with the Premacon valves. There are 2 electric fans that kick on when the set temp hits above it. The temp probe is located on the pump.

The quality and craftsmanship of the metal frame and paint is perfect. I don't know any other manufacturers that uses ball bearings at the pivots for the dipper arms.

All wires are tucked away and makes the inside look clean. This takes time to do and I can certainly appreciate that.

The lack of details gives the owner a chance to finish off the pc700 with custom details. It gives a little something to do on your part.

I would recommend it but beware of the weight (90lbs). For the price and performance, none of the others come near it.

Last edited by liftmys10; 01-29-2018 at 08:13 PM.