View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermoblin View Post
This build is really amazing Nathan. I love all the detail and hard work your putting into it. Can't wait to see more!
Thank you petermoblin! It's amazing, sometimes, how the hours fly by when I'm making parts, but it keeps my mind occupied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Awesome work as usual Nathan!, as for the axles don't mention it, friends helping friends. You have helped me out too Buddy. I notice the hardware has already been given the Espee treatment!!
Thanks again Craig! Yup, standard operating procedure for me is to upgrade to stainless socket head cap screws!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Looking great!!!! Awesome job on it
Thanks Aaron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
thats gonna be one heavy rig but im loving it
Believe it or not, it's not quite that heavy yet, but I think it will have some good mass to it, when finished! At least it should have good traction, empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
I love it, every aspect. Keep it going Nate!
Thanks Jason! I appreciate the comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Very nice work Nathan.....as usual
Crazy suggestion for ya..... I was looking at the stack mounting brackets and the cab with no rear window when I suddenly thought, what about a storage box like Craig has on his but only the width of the stacks? You could mount the stacks inside the box all hidden and it would fill the space nice?? like I said , crazy eh?

Mario
Mario, thanks. Nah, your idea isn't so crazy! I've thought of different ways to mount the stacks too, and this is my favorite idea. I'm going to machine up a couple more braces, and tie them into the vertical posts. I like the headache rack / drom box idea, but I wanted to emphasize the day cab look, and not cover up the rear window, once it's milled in. I had some thoughts to mount a winch behind the cab......I don't know about that yet. I thought about building a vintage cable end up trailer to go with the truck, but I might just scratch that idea. Still to soon to tell!