View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

Joe, the batteries you see are 14ah each, the space under the cab could be used for one more battery if needed.....

Ed, yes an alm. tank would be much better....I can't weld alm. sold my tig a while back didn't use it enough....could have used it now...lol

Cooper & RCP57, Not sure that I really know what I'm doing but hey as long as it looks that way it's all good...lol...
The very first thing I did to the valve spools was to remove the springs, way to much force needed to move the controls with them installed, without the springs there is almost no resistance when moving the spools. Yes I will be using four Hitec 755 servos to control the valves, which should have plenty of torque and enough throw with big control arms. Originally I was going to remove all the valve control handles and housings and connect the servos more directly to the spools but then the ends of the spools would be xposed and getting any dirt on them would be bad, so that would mean haveving to build something to cover/seal the exposed spools. So using the "KISS" formula.....adapting and using what is already there seemed to be the easiest and most "simplistic" way of getting it to work. I might not cut the original control lever shorter because they will only need to be about 1" long so I will just thread some 1/4" round bar to match the original male threads of the long control lever/handles, then drill and tap the other end 6-32 to attach the ball links....or at least that's the plan for now...time will tell if this all works!