View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PMD 4:1 brand new split

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguyfarms View Post
I would call up Ric after u send an e-mail with the pics.
Yeah, I'm going to call Ric on Monday and send a pic to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I'm sure Ric will make it right for you Keith. The sad part is the postal system and the time lost waiting for parts kinda puts the build on hold eh?

Mario
I've got a few other projects going so down time on this one won't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Is that the bearing we can see, behind the driveshaft yoke, or part of the box which broke off? It's got some vise looking marks on it too. I'm sure Ric will hook you up with a new one.
That's the bearing housing next to the driveshaft. Yeah I'll call Ric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Keith - your first line of communication should be with the vendor - not spittin nails to the general public. Ric will clear this up with you.

Does your drive line have enough slide distance? There really shouldn't be any pressure on that case to pull the bearing out. I can't tell - but I hope you don't have a fixed length drive shaft between your axel and the transfer case.

Izzy
Izzy, not spitting nails anywhere. I was simply asking opinions from you guys who have far more experience than I. And I thought this was the place to do it. I'm sure Ric will help me out in what ever way he can.

The drive shaft has about 3/8" of slide, but it is between two fixed points. The 4:1 and a frame mounted carrier bearing. The second drive shaft between the carrier bearing and first axle is also adjustable. The bearing is still in place in the housing, it's the housing itself that is broke.