View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

I don't want to high jack coopers thread and thought best to share on mine....
Thanks to the efforts and experience of a few forum members I've come to realize that I need to change some of my construction site plans.
I've run into a conveyor capability issue.
I want to be able to collect screener material directly onto a conveyor and fill a hopper similar to a duratoy Sandmaster. That way I can load my Izzy tri axle dump trailer without scratching or doing any damage contacting it with the hoe or loader and use to haul the road building material around.
Problem is, the black pete truck has a stack clearance of 11" so the hopper will sit high to begin with. I'd also like the hopper to have the capacity to fill atleast one trailer load.....starting to look like this hopper is going to be atleast 2ft high! So a conveyor at 20 degrees won't work unless I run it from an elevated area which means I can't feed with the loader.......

So, plan B. The hopper will not be a drive under type but have a funnel bottom at ground level which feeds a conveyor ( #3) to load the trucks. That way, No worries about height clearance or truck width for friends who visit and run their trucks in the yard.
i should have taken measurements and figured this out in the fall! The yard is gone and buried in snow now but I really want to get a jump start for next season and build as much as I can now so I don't waste the play season with building stuff!
All comments and suggestions welcome!