View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bruder Cat Compactor Coversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Yeah, how come we didn't see your build Ben? You did this months ago! My drive motors are held in with stainless tubing from a yard light so I wouldn't talk trash about your way of doing it.lol I was actually thinking of emailing you to talk shop on this. I was wondering how yours was working and how much weight you might have added? What type of material did you add to the drum for weight? BB's or? I think traction will be decent with the rubber tires although I am a bit concerned about only having the tires doing the driving. I don't think Keith and I are expecting these things to climb mountains though so it should be alright.
I've been really busy since I threw it together. Only used it one weekend in the dirt. Worked well just needed the softer tires for some better bite. I need to get the wheels, already have the tires. For the drum I filled 1/2 with BB's that were packed tight, then foam plugs sealed with silicone to hold it all still so it wouldn't rattle as it moves.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343