View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Ok I started working n the hard lines,,, what a pita!!! Hats off to you guys that make this stuff look simple!!!!!

The bent ones on right were replaced as a small crimp is in the bend. I have only wasted about 12-14" so far . I really need some help, someone that will hold parts in place while heating, and not mind the 600 degree temp on fingers. (Wife was being a skirt!)

And just a double check on clearances.

And I must say sometimes I actually surprise/impress myself!! They actually look good and line up!!

Next time I do cylinders I will braze ends first, use silver solder on next parts and use 40/60 on last parts. I kept getting worried about de soldering pieces and having solder leak into polished cylinders. The solder job isn't the best aesthetically but functions. I pressure checked all areas. Got a bit of bloody lip by hooking air compressor up to lift cylinder and having my face directly above when I added a bit too much and too fast amount of air!!! Oops. Guess that's better than spraying brake cleaner into one hose that curves directly back . (Yea, did that too, and took off the glasses right before!!). I do have a nick name of r.w., --turns into r dub, which turns into r dumb!!

But all n all I got the hard part done!!! Now just have to wait on some longer sections of tube, maybe Tuesday.