View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hoarder Special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Looks awsome Reg. Great idea using shell casings! I wonder, is there a shell casing diameter that could be used as the air cleaner top hat?
If the truck needs a name besides hoarder special, how's. " silver bullet " sound?
It turned out pretty cool. Not sure about a cap for the air
cleaner. Artillery shell perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
Nice! Is that a 45,000LB front Axel?
Haha. Not sure if those plastic spindles will hold up that kind of weight. Funny how raising the bumper makes the axle and the stance of the truck look so different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
NICE!!!! Would a .50 BMG casing work for the air cleaner top? Not sure what the diameter of one is but should be close. The .22LR casings for the marker lights is out of sight!! Would suggest some rifle casings for your air tanks but yours are too nice not to use.

Great truck! Wish it was mine
I was going to ask a friend for a few spent 50 cal casings to use on the tanks and possibly the exhaust but I knew I wouldn't see him for a while and I'm impatient.lol That idea is what prompted me to use casings for the hubs and lights. I spoak to him on the phone the other night and he said he might have some so I may swap tanks in the future to keep the theme going. Come to think of it, i have a 4" shell casing that we drug up off the ocean floor a few years ago. It's stamped 1943 on the end and is brass but all patinaed and green. Would make an interesting load....

Your wish can come true for the right price you know.