View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 09:02 PM

Prop Shaft is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Capo 1:8 Jeep CD15823

Havent done anymore spraying yet but, Ive decided to paint the fender flares body color. Started to mask them off.

Something not included in the kit are spark plug wires. They give you these nifty spark plug type things that secure the valve covers on, but no wires for them like Ive seen in some online pics. So.... Figured Id whip some up. Started by drilling some 1/8"x1/8" styrene. I chose the proper size drill bit to allow these to friction fit onto the spark plugs, which is needed because they need to be removed in order to disassemble the motor.

Then I drilled for some small elastic type stuff I had laying around.

Chucked the stock in my drill to round off the squareness.

Used some styrene tubing and a file to contour the end to fit against the first piece.

Cut it to length, and slid it over the wire material.

Then insert wire into first piece with super glue.

Let super glue set up. Then tenax the styrene pieces together.

Make styrene dust.

The finished plugs, glued into their respective holders provided by Capo. I realize this isnt exactly scale... the plug wires seem to come out of the engine block, but when everything is assembled, it wont be very noticeable.

One of the few things Capo did not make for this kit, is an exhaust system. Its really been bugging me and I feel like it should have one. It doesnt make much sense to me to go all out and leave something like this out. So I pulled some parts from a 1:8 static model kit I have, and will be using them to build an exhaust for this.

Again, these need to be removable in order to loosen the servo screws so that the engine can be disassembled. So I drilled and tapped for some some scale hardware that will accomplish that.

The finished engine with plug wires and exhaust manifolds.