Thread: Custom Kenworth
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Custom Kenworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
WOW!!! Aaron you weren't kidding, that is a thing of beauty. You did a fantastic job, and great job on the headlights. Very amazing.

Big John
Thanks Buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Sue View Post
I agree...fantastic job...
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by plow jockey View Post
Truck looks sweet!! Man that grill has a shine almost looks chrome. What kind of light system are you running? Those LEDs are awesome.
The grill was chromed good eye. the headlights are from a supplier i buy in bulk from i love them!! The bumper ones Ed did so im not too sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That looks really nice. I think it just needs a visor, and it will be perfect! If Kit, from Knight Rider was a semi truck, it would have a front bumper like that....
It has a polished visor just havnt mounted it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Aaron that bumper is sweet Ed had that on my tri axle when i bought it from him like 5 or 6 years ago that bumper is sweet looks great on your truck nice work.

Fred Ed built that bumper and either he or a friend of his did the board for it..
Yea i love this bumper!! Its fun and really different. One thing i hope to do is use battle switches or a pico switch to control it from the TX. Should be able to make it work, it'll only mean a few more wires haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
its a fabulous build Aaron, sweet work my friend
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
The KW looks spectacular Aaron I like the paint scheme, grill, bumper...all of it! you've done another nice job of making the right choices of the right stuff in the right place. Very nice.

I promise I will never complain about my wiring nightmare after seeing the birds nest of wiring you have to deal with this is not a truck you want to remove the body on a daily basis eh? lol
Trailer looks sweet, can't wait for updates. How long is it by the way?

Mario
Thanks Mario! Yea there are a lot of wires!! It'll have 2 batteries in there too. BUT ill be adding charging ports as that cab will NOT be removed on a daily basis or hopefully ever!! The trailer is 32" long And the top sits 10" tall ill post pics for ya. And ya dont complain about wires!!!! Did i mention that i will be putting the seats and dash in it keeping the windows clear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmess62 View Post
Truck looks sweet. But I really like the dump trailer where d you come across it
I found it at a garage sale for $1 HAHA J/K It has made its way through a few hands.

Ok here are a few more pics of the trailer

As with everything i took it all apart!!

Ed helped me at st louis to fix the rear latch so i followed his advice when i got back and re did the whole rear latch with a better hold (ED Big Thanks for all your help!!!)

Here she is all shiney

Even added some fingerprints (gotta re polish the sides)

Heres the lift setup has a 5 stage cylinder

Gets 22" of lift (Just put on my orange truck to level trailer, had to brace it as i have no wet kit on that truck)

Hope that answers some of the trailer questions i hope to have a video of it lifting by the end of the week

Again big thanks to Ed, and J.D for the help at St louis!!