View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Gaullee Pa,Always wanted a 9 spd Atlas movin truck

Yea Ed,I think you were one of the first guys I saw useing these babies.Had the truck driveline done,& started installing the mud guards & quarter fenders. When I noticed the diff was like a 1/4" wider than the stock ones. So got out mr trusty dremel & went to work on setting the hex mount a tad deeper. Well after makin a real mess out of one of my rims,decided it might be better to get the mill involed in this butchin.
Couldn't hog out enough of the rim to make up the differance,so also turned hexes down a tad & still was a little wide.So then came up with the ole-spings in mud guard mounts. Now you really have to look to see there just a tad to wide. Yea there to wide for dualls,& to narrow for super singles to look right on the rig.Can't believe rc channel didn't think of that when they made these axles. But there still bad to the bone!
FGD